Friday, January 13, 2012

The Theocratic Nuclear Menace

An interlocutor asked me how I could possibly not be concerned about Iran's potential emergence as a nuclear power.

I am, of course, worried. It does worry me. Imagine: a state controlled by ultra-orthodox believers, feeling itself entitled by word of God to their nationhood, defiant of world opinion,showing itself capable of ruthless violence using weapons of major war in crowded cities and destroying infrastructure without a second thought, armed with nuclear weapons. Merciful heavens...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Wombat - why won't you open your Christmas card from me?

Love
GWPDA

Anonymous said...

(((GWPDA!!!)))

therealhellkitty said...

Heaven forefend!

ProfWombat said...

omigod: had to reload my t-bird program--so sorry