Facebookk won't let me post this: too long. So here's the Wombat Codicil, to be added to the Constitution, on war powers:
1. War is, under this law, presumed to be, of itself, the result of incompetence of the President, the Vice President, the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense.
2. The officers mentioned in S.1 are impeached and removed from office 60 days after American troops are placed in harm's way, or the sovereign territory of another nation is attacked by American military operations.
3. A joint session of Congress, by a 2/3 majority vote, can, within the 60 day period of S.2, retain any or all of the officers of S.1 in office.
4. The joint session of S.3 will be attended by every Congressman and Senator then holding office. Those not attending will, as a matter of law, be impeached and removed from offices.
5. Every operation of the joint session of S.3 will be televised and available on the Internet without restriction, and votes recorded and available for public inspection.
6. The President, and the joint session of S.3, will each prepare a report detailing the causes of the action, the action's purposes, and the criteria by which the action will be concluded.
7. The reports of S.6 will be submitted to the United Nations General Assembly, which will respectfully be asked for its formal opinion on them.